Sports Camp exists to spread the gospel by imparting God’s Word to young people in the context of playing sport.
- to glorify and honour God in everything we do at Sports Camp (1 Cor 10:31; Rom 15:5-6).
- to evangelise the unsaved represented at camp (including both campers and referees) (Matt 28:18-20).
- to challenge and mature the Christian young people in the teams so they can grow in their walk with the Lord and be a witness to the unsaved in their team and in other teams (Eph 4:12-15; 1 Peter 3:15).
- to come alongside team leaders to encourage and support them in their youth leadership roles (Heb 10:24-25).
- to provide a safe and sporting environment where, sportsmanship and participation is encouraged.
- faithfully preaching the gospel using the living and active Word of God.
- corporately worshiping God through music and songs that glorify Him both in content and delivery.
- encouraging team leaders in God’s Word and in prayer, in order to promote a unified goal and purpose.
- providing opportunities for Riverbend Bible Church to interact with campers and share the gospel one-on-one.
- providing opportunities for Riverbend Bible Church and other helpers to serve during Sports Camp, thereby modelling a selfless servant heart.
- maintaining a Christlike testimony in all aspects of planning and hosting Sports Camp.